Types of Foam Packaging
Standard Foam Tray
Trays can be any size, with any cavity size. As a alternate, foam box inserts are a good packaging option.
Foam Tray Insert for Plastic Hinged Box
Tray can be made to fit in 100’s of stock hinged boxes. See link for more examples.
CONTACT US: A packaging specialist would be happy to review your application. We can prepare a quote for (1) a custom foam shipping tray, (2) a custom foam insert for a hinged box, (3) or a custom foam insert for a stock plastic bin.
Quotes take 1-3 days. NRE $ 95.
FOAM PACKAGING ADVANTAGES:
- Foam tray has custom pocket size and depth, and overall tray size. Cavities can be made as slits for very narrow parts.
- Foam packaging can be a stand alone tray or an insert tray fitting into a stock plastic bin or stock plastic hinged box.
- Foam cavity section can be attached to a plastic corrugated base, standard corrugated base or foam base for additional structure.
- No dusting & reduced friction compared to corrugated materials.
- Sturdy and Reusable | Stackable
- Outstanding protection of parts at low cost
- Low tooling cost usually $ 95.
- Latest technologies for high speed foam cutting/processing.
- High precision waterjet cutting. ASK FOR SAMPLE.
FOAM DESIGN PROCESS:
- Review quote with a packaging specialist. Quote supplied no charge.
- If you proceed with project, next step is either a drawing or a first article tray. Foam trays are easy to prototype and in a short lead time. Changes can be made at this time if needed.
- Once first article is approved production is made. Timing for entire process usually 2-3 weeks ARO.